Vegan Chocolate Bars
San Diego-based photographer and Pasokin ambassador Camila Badaro developed this vegan recipe with the mouthwatering combo of chocolate and peanut butter using Pasokin PB Crumbs. A silky purée of pre-soaked dates works as a base for these healthy bars resembling cupcakes. An easy-to-follow and tasty recipe that will surely satisfy your sweet cravings.
2 cups your favorite nuts
1/2 cup Pasokin PB Crumbs Crumbs Topping
2 cups pitted dates previously soaked in water for 30 minutes
3oz or about 90g dark chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1. Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Pour ground nuts into a bowl. Reserve.
3. In a blender or food processor, purée the soaked dates until the mixture becomes a silky purée.
4. Pour date purée into the bowl with nuts and add the Pasokin PB Crumbs. Mix well. Combine 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix well.
5. Distribute mixture in silicone cupcake molds, leaving a space of about 1 inch from the edge. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Chop chocolate into small pieces and place it into a heatproof bowl (stainless steel or tempered glass) with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Set the bowl over a pan with water and bring it to a simmer (a bain-marie). Turn off the flame and let the chocolate sit until it is melted, stirring occasionally.
7. Pour the melted chocolate over the refrigerated mixture in the cupcake molds, sprinkle Pasokin PB Crumbs, and place back in the fridge to harden.